? ??????????????Foggy Lake View? ????? ?? ???Rating: 5.0 (1 Rating)??0 Grabs Today. 569 Total Grabs. ?????
?Preview?? | ??Get the Code?? ?? ?????????????????Crop Dusting? ????? ?? ???Rating: 0.0 (0 Ratings)??0 Grabs Today. 218 Total Grabs. ??????Preview?? | ??Get the Code?? ?? ?????Midw BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS ?

About Me

Hi Everyone! A little about me....well I love to cook and bake. I don't have any formal training but have been working in the culinary field for over 10 years now. I worked for an Italian gentleman for 7 of those years. I learned how to make alot of dishes,and especially perfected my soup making. I love to make them! Worked as a baker in a corporate dining setting, which was really fun and interesting. (know I can make a different flavored muffin for every day of the week and not use the same flavor twice in a month)I have always loved the catering end of the culinary field. Maybe because I enjoy putting together parties. I especially love desserts and appetizers. Themed parties are fun too....So if you haven't guessed by now, I am into catering. I really enjoy setting up displays for my food. Always looking for ways to awe a client with my displays. Good food + an awesome display = repeat customers. Plus I have fun doing it!

Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Strawberry Bread

This is one of my favorite Spring recipes. It comes from “From My House to Yours” cookbook. This freezes well, so when you have company drop by you can just pull one of these out, make a pot of coffee and your good to go!




4 large eggs
1 cup vegetable oil
2 cups sugar
3 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
3 cups strawberries, hulled and thinly sliced.
1 teaspoon grated orange rind

1. Preheat oven to 350`F. Generously grease two 8 1/2×4 1/2-inch nonstick loaf pans(if pans are not nonstick, grease them, line the bottoms with wax paper, and grease wax paper)

2. In a mixing bowl, beat the eggs until light and fluffy, then beat in the oil until blended. Beat in the sugar. In a separate bowl, sift together the flour, baking soda, and salt.

3.Beat all but about 2 tablespoons of the dry mixture into the egg-oil mixture. Add the strawberries to the remaining dry mixture and toss to coat the berries well. Fold this mixture and the orange rind into the batter.

4. Divide the batter between the two prepared pans. Bake until the loaves are nicely browned and a cake tester(or toothpick)inserted int the center comes out clean, 60 to 70 minutes. Transfer the pans to wire racks and cool 30 minutes. Run a knife around the edges of the pans and carefully remove the loaves. Return loaves to the racks to cool completely. These breads are even better when they sit for a day after they are baked. They are great lightly toasted and buttered for breakfast or toasted and topped with homemade strawberry ice cream for dessert or late night snack. These make awesome hostess gifts. Wrap in plastic wrap, tie a pink ribbon around it and you have a wonderful gift. I usually hand write the recipe on a nice recipe card and attach.

1 comments:

Maggie said...

Great looking recipe!