? ??????????????Foggy Lake View? ????? ?? ???Rating: 5.0 (1 Rating)??0 Grabs Today. 569 Total Grabs. ?????
?Preview?? | ??Get the Code?? ?? ?????????????????Crop Dusting? ????? ?? ???Rating: 0.0 (0 Ratings)??0 Grabs Today. 218 Total Grabs. ??????Preview?? | ??Get the Code?? ?? ?????Midw BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS ?

About Me

Hi Everyone! A little about me....well I love to cook and bake. I don't have any formal training but have been working in the culinary field for over 10 years now. I worked for an Italian gentleman for 7 of those years. I learned how to make alot of dishes,and especially perfected my soup making. I love to make them! Worked as a baker in a corporate dining setting, which was really fun and interesting. (know I can make a different flavored muffin for every day of the week and not use the same flavor twice in a month)I have always loved the catering end of the culinary field. Maybe because I enjoy putting together parties. I especially love desserts and appetizers. Themed parties are fun too....So if you haven't guessed by now, I am into catering. I really enjoy setting up displays for my food. Always looking for ways to awe a client with my displays. Good food + an awesome display = repeat customers. Plus I have fun doing it!

Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Looking for ideas for pesto dips.......

Hi everyone!
Doing an event this weekend and have this basil pesto I would like to use. Have a few recipes for a basil pesto dip but was wondering if anyone can shoot me anymore ideas? Well, besides the obvious sauce on pasta. Would like to find a unique dip recipe that people could try when they come by our table. Would be doing my own seasoned tortilla chips. Any and all ideas and suggestions welcomed! Thanks!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

3 layer caprese dip- Recipe of mine....not posted on my blog yet

Take an oven safe bowl, like a pyrex bowl and pour some of the pesto and create a layer about an inch thick. Take two tomatoes and grate them then create a second layer with the grated tomatoes. For the last step grate some mozzarella cheese then place it on top of the tomatoes.

Pre-heat the oven to 375 degrees then bake it uncovered for 10 minutes. Broil for 2-3 minutes to brown the cheese a little. Serve it with bread, crackers, or whatever you want.

Something else you can do is take some ham and cut into into thick cubes then spread a little cream cheese on top then spread a little pesto on the cream cheese.

Anyway, hope that works.

Eric
http://www.ericriveracooks.wordpress.com

louis luzzo said...

Check out what I used as a stuffing for my pesto stuffed pork loin. It makes a fabulous dip. You will have to find the 'special' cheese or make your own. Any questions just drop me a line.

Joie de vivre said...

I've never made pesto before, but reading ericriveracooks comment, that sounds like what I would want to make! This is my first time on your site. I'm so glad I visited!